Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Top Hat

Today I had a top hat in my box. It is a very old top hat, and I very carefully showed the children that there was nothing up my sleeves, put my hand into the hat and pulled out. . . nothing. My hat was not a magic hat, just a plain one.

As Jesus traveled around healing the sick and performing miracles there were those who thought he was little more than a magician. The Bible is filled with stories of God's prophets and leaders having the power He gave them compared to the slight of hand of the street performer. Jesus healed, not because he thought his abilities would convince the crowds, but because he had compassion for those who were sick in body or soul.

Take some time today to pray for those you know who need the healing power of Christ in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment