Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Doubting Thomas

Today I had a picture of my three sons in my box. The picture was taken during Easter three years ago, when I was pregnant with our fourth child. Everyone wanted us to find out what the baby was going to be (we didn't) and most of my friends were confident we were going to have a girl. I was convinced we were having another boy, and at one point I said that the only time I would believe we were having a girl is when I had a baby in my arms. When she was finally born my husband exclaimed, "It's a girl" and then had to laughingly say to me "look, it really is a girl". I had to see to believe.

Today we talked about Thomas, the friend of Jesus who had to see and feel the risen Lord to believe he had really come back. How wonderful the faith of our children is. They accept and believe that Jesus is with them, filling their hearts with love. They don't need visual proof. They don't need theological arguments, or historical facts. They just know. Spend some time with your child talking about God, and allow your faith, even if only for a brief time, to become childlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment